If you plan to travel or be away from your residence for an extended period of time you may wish to temporarily suspend all or some of your Metro Loop services. Temporary service suspensions are possible for as little as one month, up to a maximum of six months. Your service is re-activated upon your return automatically.
A one-time flat fee of $49 will be applied to your bill to activate the service suspension. At the time of suspension setup you may choose all or a selection of your services to suspend. All services must be on the same customer account, otherwise a separate $49 fee will be applied to each account. Any additions/deletions of services on your temporary service suspension will incur a separate $49 fee. Shortening or extending your temporary service suspension will not incur any additional fees provided the suspension is still within the one to six month time frame.
What happens during a temporary service suspension?
- Internet service, including WiFi services will not function.
- Television service, including video-on-demand and any previously recorded programs on your PVR will not be accessible. Your television will display a "service not authorized" message while the temporary service suspension is active.
- Telephone service will not be able to make or receive telephone calls. Your voicemail will continue to receive messages, and you may continue to remotely pickup your messages.
- If you have a home alarm system that communicates over the Internet or your telephone line you may not want to suspend these services as your alarm may no longer work.
- Any rental hardware (ie: television boxes, WiFi extenders, etc.) will continue to be billed.
- Any finance charges will continue to be billed.
- Any balance owing must be paid.
- Any construction fees, installation fees, or other one-time fees will continue to be billed.
- All service fees will be pro-rated at the beginning and end of the temporary service suspension period.